Global private markets investment management requires an in-depth understanding of private markets. While our investment committees make investment recommendations and decisions, our Portfolio & Risk Management team is responsible for constructing and adjusting our diversified private markets portfolios over time so that they meet investors' portfolio requirements and generate attractive returns.
The considerations that go into constructing private markets portfolios include:
- Portfolio strategy: we build private markets portfolios tailored to the specific target returns of our clients by combining complementary private markets investment strategies. Our bespoke approach to portfolio construction allows clients to benefit from market corrections and provides diversification, while at the same time maintaining optimal levels of private markets exposure through investment level steering.
- Portfolio implementation: we gradually ramp-up and re-invest our clients' portfolios based on a predefined implementation plan devised in accordance with their investment horizons. We invest on behalf of our clients based on our relative value investment approach, which identifies the most attractive investment opportunities in the prevailing market conditions.
- Portfolio servicing: we offer our clients a full range of market-leading portfolio services including portfolio planning, treasury management, customized reporting, regular valuation procedures, accounting that accommodates local requirements, and complete administrative services.
- Liquidity management: we have been managing liquidity in private markets portfolios across various structures (limited partnerships, separate accounts as well as semi-liquid and open-ended funds) for almost two decades and are able to effectively manage our clients' different liquidity needs and plan capital requirements for various investment programs.
- Risk management: we apply rigorous quantitative and qualitative risk management processes, which have contributed to an outstanding track record and high levels of client satisfaction. We are able to integrate our risk management process into clients' risk management systems.