Baar-Zug, Switzerland, 28 March 2018
Partners Group publishes 2017 ESG and Corporate Responsibility Report
Partners Group, the global private markets investment manager, today publishes its 2017 ESG and Corporate Responsibility Report. The report explains how Partners Group created substantial value from environmental, social and governance (ESG) factors throughout its investment portfolio in 2017 and provides updates on key corporate responsibility metrics, demonstrating Partners Group's strong commitment to both responsible investment and sustainable business practices.
Introducing the report, Peter Wuffli, Chairman of the Board of Directors, Partners Group, states: "As a private markets investment manager, we recognize that it is through our investment activities that we have the greatest potential to create a lasting positive impact. In fact, when it comes to managing ESG factors effectively, we believe private markets investors have inherent corporate governance advantages compared to their public market peers. Our active, hands-on ownership model provides opportunities to work closely with our portfolio companies and assets to implement superior, sustainable investment strategies and enhance investment returns."
Highlights included in the 2017 ESG and Corporate Responsibility Report:
- Creating over 13,000 new jobs and USD 8.2 million in EBITDA impact from ESG value creation across Partners Group's direct investment portfolio
- Engaging with portfolio companies and assets to improve their management of and create value from ESG factors as demonstrated by six deep-dive ESG engagement case studies
- Earning an A+ rating from the UN PRI for the firm's Responsible Investment Strategy and Governance for a third consecutive year and becoming a member of the newly founded UN PRI Infrastructure Advisory Committee
- Deepening the firm's commitment to talent development through dedicated training programs such as its Team Head Training and Analyst Program
- Launching a blockchain-based signing and verification service for the firm's Treasury Management team to enhance security for the firm's clients and business partners
To further build on the firm's strong track record of responsible investment, Partners Group yesterday announced the launch of a new investment strategy, PG LIFE, that will address global social and environmental challenges by investing exclusively in line with the UN's Sustainable Development Goals. The blended private markets strategy has the dual mandate to achieve attractive risk-adjusted financial returns alongside measurable, positive social and environmental impact.
To download the full 2017 ESG and Corporate Responsibility Report, please visit: report.partnersgroup.com/2017/#esg