We create lasting positive impact.
Partners Group has a strong commitment to sustainability. Creating lasting positive impact is one of the core principles of our Charter and one that applies to all our activities as a firm. It guides our investment activities, our corporate activities and our daily interactions with all of our stakeholders.
Partners Group's sustainability journey
- Responsible Investment Policy established to guide our approach to ESG integration
- PG Impact (Verein) established, an employee foundation which supports social enterprises through impact investments and grants
- One of the first private markets investment managers to sign the United Nations Principles for Responsible Investment (UN PRI)
- Partners Group starts its annual voluntary participation in the CDP (formerly Carbon Disclosure Project)
- Partners Group chairs the UN PRI Private Equity Steering Committee, serving a two-year term
- PG Impact Investments established, an independent, non-profit impact investment firm
- Annual ESG KPI survey established for all Partners Group's direct lead and joint-lead investments
- A+ score in the UN PRI's annual assessment for responsible investment strategy and governance
- Partners Group becomes a member of the newly founded UN PRI Infrastructure Advisory Committee, serving a two-year term
- One of the first private markets investment managers to launch a dedicated impact investment strategy, which invests exclusively in line with the UN Sustainable Development Goals
- Partners Group is included in the FTSE4Good Index Series
- Diversity Summer Internship Program established
- Annual firm-wide employee engagement survey established
- First adopter of the newly launched Operating Principles for Impact Management, having played an active role in the development of the Principles
- Diversity & Inclusion Working Group established to advocate and promote diversity & inclusion at Partners Group
- Partners Group commits to fully offsetting its CO2 emissions from corporate air travel and works on developing its Climate Change Strategy
- A+ score for the fifth consecutive year in the UN PRI's annual assessment for responsible investment strategy and governance
Partners Group's sustainability governance structure
Partners Group has always understood the importance that sustainability can have to long-term investing and, specifically, to risk assessment. That is why oversight for sustainability topics lies with the most senior levels of our organization, our Board of Directors and Executive Committee. Corporate- and investment-related ESG topics are discussed at least once a year by our Board-level Investment Oversight Committee and on an ongoing basis by our Executive Committee, which meets once a week. Topics discussed at both Board and Executive Committee level include human capital development, ESG risks and opportunities within our investments and beyond, cybersecurity, business ethics, regulatory developments and climate change, among others.